These cookies are a nice twist on the traditional sugar cookies. They are definitely not low sugar or butter but they sure taste nice, especially with the addition of the spices.
Sugar and Spice Cookies
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
250g/1 cup softened butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
* Combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a large bowl.
* In a separate bowl, beat caster sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined.
* Gradually add the flour mix to the wet ingredients until combined.
* Put mix into fridge for 2 hours or more until it’s firm.
* Pre-heat oven to 180˚c.
* Roll out dough on a floured board to about 1/2cm thick.
* Cut with your favourite cookie cutters.
* Place on baking trays lined with baking paper.
* Cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden.
* Allow to sit for a few minutes to harden before placing on a wire rack to cool.
Sharing with Alicia at OMH: