This is a perfect Monday night recipe. It’s so fast to make and there’s little to wash up at the end. This recipe makes 4 serves so we could take some for lunch the next day.
Cheat’s Chicken, Basil and Tomato Risotto
A standard rice cooker
1 large chicken breast fillet, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red onion, finely diced
2 tomatoes, diced
2 rice cooker cups of Arborio rice
3 cups of chicken stock (1 used stock cubes)
2 tbs basil leaves, roughly chopped
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Ground black pepper
1. Set rice cooker to ‘cook’ and add oil and butter. Allow to heat for 1 minute.
2. Add garlic and diced onion and cook until onion is transparent.
3. Tip in the rice and stir to coat.
4. Pour in all of the chicken stock and place lid on the rice cooker. Stir once while cooking so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
5. Grill chicken or steam it in the rice cooker while the rice cooks.
6. When the rice cooker switches to ‘warm’ (or like setting) stir through the cooked chicken, cheese, basil and tomato.
7. Add pepper to your taste.
8. Allow to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
I love an easy dinner recipe, don’t you?
Yes, it’s Thursday already!! Sharing with Jacana: