I stumbled across this great resource that I had to share with you, my blogging buddies. The website is called Pattern Cooler. Here they offer a pattern/background editor that is really easy to use and it’s FREE! If your blog needs a little sprucing up, here is a simple way to get inspired to find some new, fresh colours and patterns to use.
Here’s a step by step guide of how I made buttons for Melting Moments using this great tool.
1. Visit www.patterncooler.com and launch the ‘Famous Patterncooler Seamless Pattern Background Editor!’ by clicking on the image.
2. Get started by choosing a pattern that appeals to you. It’s not a problem if you change your mind as you can flick through them until you find the one you like best.
I chose this spotty little number:
3. The next thing I wanted to do was to customise the colours to work in with my current blog theme. To customise colours, you add your colour scheme to the Custom Palette (I used Photoshop to get the hex codes for my colours).
4. Once you add your colours, you can shuffle them around within the pattern to see which arrangement you prefer. Check the box that says ‘Keep current colours when changing pattern’ before you shuffle or move to a new pattern.
5. When you’re happy with your creation, click the ‘download’ link. You will be taken to a screen where you can add textures, see variations and play around with the size of the pattern.
6. You have some resolution options before you download. I opted for free. Some of the patterns tile really well so the free png file is all you need.
Download time! It’s always a lovely surprise to see curly locks looking back at me!
Now the pattern is all yours to use on your site. I used Photoshop to make mine into buttons. Snazzy huh?
If you love this tool, there is an option to DONATE to support the developers and to help keep this great tool free (The image below will take you back to their site).
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are my own