Hope you’re having a sweet weekend.
I’m feeling the love here on Valentine’s Day after receiving a lovely gift from my hubby. So, I decided to make him a sweet and spicy treat, Sugar and Spice Cookies.
The cookies I baked are a nice twist on the traditional sugar cookies. They are not low sugar or butter but they sure taste nice, especially with the addition of the spices.
Sugar and Spice Cookies
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
250g/1 cup softened butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
* Combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a large bowl.
* In a separate bowl, beat caster sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined.
* Gradually add the flour mix to the wet ingredients until combined.
* Put mix into fridge for 2 hours or more until it’s firm.
* Pre-heat oven to 180˚c.
* Roll out dough on a floured board to about 1/2cm thick.
* Cut with your favourite cookie cutters.
* Place on baking trays lined with baking paper.
* Cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden.
* Allow to sit for a few minutes to harden before placing on a wire rack to cool.
Here’s our button if you’d like to share it
<div align="center"><a href="http://meltingmoments.net" title="Melting Moments"><img src="http://meltingmoments.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/shared1.gif" alt="Melting Moments" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Sharing with Alicia at OMH