This was a bit of a throw some ingredients into a pot and hope for the best type recipe. It turned out to be really yummy so I wrote down what I did so I can make it again.
1 medium butternut pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes
1 leek roughly chopped
1-2 tbs green curry paste/powder (depending on how spicy you like)
1 400g can coconut cream
2-3 cups vegetable stock (depending on the size of the pumpkin). The liquid should almost cover the pumpkin.
1 generous handful coriander leaves
1 tsp ginger (I used the one in the tube)
Lite cream to serve
1. Heat a tbs of olive oil in a large saucepan (on medium heat).
2. Cook leek for roughly 2 minutes or until it softens.
3. Add pumpkin and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add curry paste and coat the pumpkin with it.
5. Immediately add the coconut cream, ginger and coriander.
6. Bring to the boil and then turn heat to low.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
8. Blend in batches until smooth.
9. Mix through some lite cream to serve.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.