Despite all of the lovely toys that have been given to DD, her favourite toys are the home made variety. An empty milk bottle filled with colourful things, metal bowls from the kitchen with a wooden spoon for banging.. It really is the simple things that seem to keep her most interested. Here are a few idea for some good old home made fun.
- find some of your (or grandma’s) old scarves of different colours and textures. Put them into a shoe box for your baby to take out and feel
- fill a clear plastic bottle with colourful things like sequins, coloured match sticks, buttons and cut up straws. Sticky tape the lid well so that it is baby safe
- put interesting things in a tissue box for your baby to feel when they put their hand in. Some ideas are shells, rocks, furry material scraps. Be sure they are not small enough to be swallowed.
- water tinted with food colouring and oil in a plastic bottle. Seal the opening well with tape. You can add glitter too
- cheap plastic cups to stack (ours are from Ikea and are brightly coloured)
- sock puppets
Some more ideas from kidsactivitiesblog.com
What home made toys does your baby love?